Click image to enlarge
Designer: Tammy Tutterow
I have been creating and crafting for as long as I can remember! My mother was a professional crafter for most of my growing up years so our home was always filled with creative supplies. I remember as a kid my mom having her special orange handled scissors for sewing that we were not allowed to use for anything! When I began sewing and got my own pair I felt like a real seamstress! When I was introduced to paper crafting, I was thrilled to see Fiskars products were available there too! I now simply can not craft without my Fiskars cutting mat, craft knife, and micro tip scissors!
When I am not playing with paper, I also enjoy sewing, ribbonwork, and silk ribbon embroidery. In the spring you will find me in my garden where my tool bucket contains Fiskars gardening tools!
Instructions (Print version)
1. Use a Border and Corner punch (I used "Read Between the Vines") to create a punched border on all four sides of the blue print side of "Compact Flowers". Ink the edges as desired.
2. Adhere the blue punched piece on top of a solid piece of coordinating cardstock.
3. Use a Tear Edger (I used the "Wave") to tear about 3/4" off of each side of a piece of coordinating cardstock. You may find it easier if you will make a pencil line at the top, middle, and bottom from the edge of the paper to help you line up the tearing edge. Hold the tearing edger down with your left hand as shown to the left of your pencil marks. Begin tearing the paper along the edger beginning at the top and tearing in a downward strip.
Continue marking and tearing until all four sides have been torn. Ink the edges as desired.
4. Adhere the torn square of paper on top of the blue punched paper.
5. Cut a piece of pattern paper (I used "Decor Circles") so that it is slightly smaller than the inside of the torn piece. Ink the edges as desired.
6. Adhere the cut pattern piece of paper on top of the torn cardstock.
7. Apply three Cardstock Photo Decor Borders Stickers to the page about 2/3rds down from the top of the top edge of the pattern paper across the page from side to side. (If you like to distress and ink like I do, you will find it helpful to lightly sand the edge of the stickers to help ink adhere to the slick surface of the stickers.)
8. Use a sewing machine to add a decorative edge to the page about 1/2" from the edge of the pattern paper, stitching through all layers.
9. Create two photo mattes from coordinating cardstock using the Tear Edger. Make the mattes about 1/4" larger than the photos (my photos were 4"x6" and 3"x3"). Ink the edges as desired.
10. Adhere the two matted photos to the page at an angle, overlapping the sticker strips.
11. Add a small scrap of ribbon to a larger punchboard tag (I used the pink one) and adhere it over the bottom edge of the larger photo.
12. Place a punchboard swirl along the bottom edge of the smaller photo. (I lightly sanded all of the edges of the punchboard pieces I used to give them a distressed look. I added light inking to some pieces and left others sanded. Sanding helps expose the nice white inner core of these pieces.)
13. Add a second punchboard tag with adhesive foam squares to the top of the swirl.
14. Use the printed chipboard alphas to add a word (or maybe initials) to the top of the large tag.
15. Use the Glitter Alphas & Words Stickers to add desired words to the smaller tag. (I also used them to add the word "this" on the bottom edge of my large photo.) (I found the Fiskars Fingertip Control Tweezers especially helpful in placing these small stickers.)
16. Add a punchboard heart and a word sticker to the smaller tag.
17. Create three flower clusters by layering a fabric glitter flower with a small flower cardstock sticker. Insert a brad through each.
18. Add two small leaves to the back of each flower cluster.
19. Adhere the flower clusters to the left edge of the large tag, the left edge of the small tag, and one tucked under the top raised edge of the small tag.
Fiskars Tear Edger, Wave
Heidi Grace Designs "Reagan's Closet" collection pattern paper, Decor Circles, Printed Add-Ons Punchboard, Printed Alphas Chipboard, Glitter Alphas & Words Stickers,