spooky mini book
Click image to enlarge
Designer: Gretchen Schmidt
Hi everyone, I’m Gretchen Schmidt. I live outside of Houston, Texas where I am a stay at home mom of 3, wife to a great husband, scrapbook designer and paper crafter. I’ve been scrapbooking since 1999 and feel truly blessed to have found such an amazing hobby and passion that I love to share with others. I currently teach classes for Big Picture Scrapbooking and am proud to be a Fiskateer.
I was excited to make this cute mini-album because I thought it would be a great place to display all of my children’s years of trick-or-treating. I plan to bring it out with our Halloween decorations every year so the kids can be reminded and enjoy past Halloweens. Since my youngest is 6 and I know he’s got several Halloween’s ahead of him, I went ahead and left extra pages in the back so I can easily add extra photos.
1. Decorate cover of mini-album by gluing down patterned papers, ric-rac, and adding rub-ons. Apply chalk ink to dark paper before applying rub on to make it stand out more.
2. Cover inside of mini-album with coordinating papers.
3. Cut several pieces of cardstock for the inside base pages. Mine are 6” x 6”.
4. Make an introduction page using black cardstock, white pen, and various patterned papers and stamping.
5. Decorate pages with various patterned papers, stamping, journaling mounts, punch board add-ons, etc.
6. Add photo or photos to page and outline with black pen to highlight them. The majority of my photos are 3” x 4” and some are trimmed down from that size to fit the page.
7. To highlight “first Halloween” photos, place a Puffy Alpha Sticker on Punchboard tag and place by child’s photo.
8. Use the Cameo Appearance squeeze punch and black cardstock to make your date labels, ink edges with white chalk ink and adhere next to your photo.
9. Ink edges of all your pages with black chalk ink.
10. Place everything in your album and enjoy!
Fiskars Desktop Trimmer
Fiskars Large Squeeze Punch – Cameo Appearance
Fiskars Threading Water Border Punch
Heidi Grace Clear Stamps – Halloween
Heidi Grace Cardstock Journal Mounts – Halloween
Heidi Grace Glitter Accents Fabric – Halloween
Heidi Grace Punchboard Add-Ons - Halloween
Cloud 9 Puffy Alpha Stickers – Halloween Fun
Cloud 9 Spooky Rub-Ons - Trick-or-Treat
Li’l Davis Paper – Spooky, Boneyard
Li’l Davis Paper – Spooky, Mystic Kitty
Heidi Grace Shimmer Foiled Papers – Halloween, Tinsel
Other: cardstock, chalk ink, black pen, white pen, ric-rac, ribbon, mini-album for 6” x 6” pages