Click image to enlarge
Designer: Deb Perry
I use a different technique with sketches now than I used to. I build my layouts in the computer first. I begin with a sketch in mind and literally build and play with shapes on my screen before I ever print out a photo. Once my eyes tell me that there is a good balance, I begin plugging photos in. I may try several photos before I settle in on one pose. I don’t worry about embellishments or paper colors at this points…I’m just working with shapes and photos. I even treat my text or journaling as a shape in my overall design. Once again, my eye will tell me when I’ve achieved a balance…and it is then that I print out my photos in the size I need. This sounds like a long process…but it’s only minutes, and with great tools like Fiskars Desktop Rotary Trimmer, my pictures come out perfectly cropped.
- Required supplies:
- Tool Taxi
- Desktop Rotary Trimmer
- No. 5 Non-Stick™ Scissors
- Heidi Grace Designs: 12-72808 Paradise Point – Flocked Floral
- Heidi Grace Designs: 12-72665 Paradise Point – Rub-ons – Embellishments
- Heidi Grace Designs: 12-72555 It’s My Party – Rub-ons – Alpha
- Heidi Grace Designs: 12-72483 It’s My Party – Cardstock Stickers – Monograms
- Heidi Grace Designs: 12-72477 It’s My Party – Cardstock Stickers – Borders
- White Cardstock – 8.5 x 11
- Black marker - fine point
Trim Flocked Floral paper to 3.5 x 11. Adhere to white cardstock base, matching up left sides.
Adhere 5x7 photo to right top. Adhere smaller photos as indicated by sketch. Adhere pink border to left of photo.
Add title with cardstock alpha stickers (above middle photo) and smaller title rubo-ons below same photo. Add vertical flower stem rub-ons to bottom left of layout.
Handwrite or format text into a journaling block that is 5 x 4inches. Leave room for smallest photo as indicated in sketch.
Outline all small photos with a thing black line.