Click image to enlarge
Designer: Lisa Storms
This very versatile sketch takes advantage of the crannies in a decorative edge to add a dramatic yet easy background. This works with almost any decorative scissors or border punch! Here I chose the Stamp Edger to give me a ton of dips for lots of string. Beads are a fun touch, yet optional. One embellishment and a sentiment round out this pretty card that can be modified for any occasion.
1. Trim green cardstock to create 5" x 7" card base, adding an additional color layer if desired.
2. Trim smaller blue cardstock to fit in center of card, adding a decorative edge to left and right sides.
Tip: To get a straight line when using decorative scissors, using a ruler draw a line on the back of your card to cut along, lining up the nooks of the design with the guide line.
3. Tape thread to back of card and string around and around for desired amount and tape off on back. Stringing beads onto your thread as you weave can be added at this time.
4. Stamp four hearts onto white cardstock with green ink.
5. Punch out hearts with Large 'My Funny Valentine' Squeeze Punch.
6. Punch four additional hearts from green cardstock with XL 'My Funny Valentine' Squeeze Punch.
7. Layer punches as shown with gem at center and adhere to card base.
8. Adhere sentiment below clover embellishment.
Fiskars Brands: Stamps - Punch Love
Fiskars Brands: Compact Stamp Press
Fiskars Brands: L Squeeze Punch - My Funny Valentine
Fiskars Brands: XL Squeeze Punch - My Funny Valentine
Fiskars Brands: Stamp Paper Edger
Fiskars Brands: Desktop Rotary Trimmer
Foam Adhesive Squares
Other: Cardstock, seed beads, gem, thread, tape, green stamping ink