Click image to enlarge
Designer: Becky Novacek
The new Upper Crest Border Punch is such a great addition to the line of Border Punches, I think it's brilliant! it's not overly feminine, and yet it adds such a tailored and distinct look to projects.
1. Trim Cloud 9 Valentine Sweet Stripes Paper 8.5"x7" and then use uppercrest border punch on both sides. Adhere to 8.5"x11" red cardstock background.
2. Adhere 5x7 photo to left side on Stripe Paper, leaving right side loose, so that tag can be tucked under later.
3. Cut two fabric hearts using pinking sheers and adhere to manilla office supply tag (2"x5"). Use red embroidery floss to make x-stitches. Tuck decorated tag slightly under lower right side of photo and adhere. Then adhere right side of photo down too.
4. Cut an 8.5" skinny strip of blue cardstock and adhere over bottom of photo, on top of tag.
5. Trim 3/4" x2" strip of red cardstock and use Upper Crest Border punch along long side. Adhere to tag, overlapping blue skinny strip.
6. Handwrite journaling on vintage ledger strip and adhere to bottom right of layout.
7. Machine stitch across top of Stripe paper, across blue skinny strip, across bottom of Stripe paper and across the bottom of journaling strip.
Fiskars Brands: Upper Crest Border Punch 01-004595
Fiskars Brands: Pinking Sheers 94457097
Fiskars Brands: Desktop Trimmer 01-002349
Cloud 9 Designs: Valentine Stripe Paper
Other: Cardstock, Black Thread for machine stitching, Remnants of fabric, Red Embroidery Floss, Manilla Office Supply Tag, Vintage Ledger Paper