february 09 card sketch
Click image to enlarge
Designer: Katrina Simeck
Valentine’s is the perfect holiday for handmade cards! Spread the love by making a batch of cards to share with friends & loved ones. This card is a quick way to say “I love you”…all tied up with a pretty bow.
1. Use a 6” x 10” piece of cardstock folded in half to make a 6” x 5” card base.
2. Round the lower corners with the Fiskars Round the Bend squeeze punch.
3. Cut a 5.75” x 4.75” piece of patterned paper. Round the lower corners with
the Fiskars Round the Bend squeeze punch.
4. Use the Fiskars Leave it to Weaver border punch on the upper edge of
patterned paper. Weave ribbon through the holes, and tie in a bow.
5. Punch three squares out of cardstock using the Fiskars XL Block Party squeeze punch. Adhere on a diagonal across the center of the card. For added dimension, use foam adhesive to adhere the center square.
6. Punch a heart from cardstock. Adhere to center square using foam
7. Add a brad to the corner of each outside square. Add an “i” and “u” letter
sticker to the outside squares.
8. Adhere patterned paper piece to card base. (waiting until the end to do this ensures that the brad backings & ribbon back are hidden)
Fiskars 12in Portable Trimmer 12-98937897
Fiskars Round the Bend squeeze punch 12-73307097
Fiskars XL Block Party squeeze punch 12-73177097
Fiskars Leave it to Weaver border punch 01-001044
Fiskars Scalloped Punch – My Funny Valentine 01-003778
Fiskars Tape Runner 12-33897097
Fiskars Adhesive Foam 12-25987097
Heidi Davis Designs patterned paper
Other: cardstock, brads, ribbon